225 Colorado Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81004
Phone: (719) 545-8776
Fax: (719) 544-6006
Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Call for available times:
There are many ways you can get involved and help Pueblo's Homeless!
Posada is in need of monetary donations as we are the only agency in Pueblo providing
For Posada's fundraising policies and details on corporate sponsorship, etc., click HERE.
Your donations are always needed:
We are in urgent need of tents, sleeping-bags, warm clothing and blankets, bug spray, and rope!
Our Emergency Family Shelter at Elko is in need of donations of money or supplies for a community garden, sidewalks, new gates, and cement for a basketball court. In addition, we are in need of the following items:
- Tooth brushes
- Tooth paste
- Foot powder
- Shower gel
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Feminine personal care products
- Men's socks
- AA batteries
- 9-volt batteries
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Nail clippers
- Air mattresses
- 10 new twin mattresses
- Kitchen utensils
- Kitchen pots and pans
- Dish soap
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Cleaning supplies (brooms, mops, ammonia, etc.)
We are also starting an art project to provide our clients with an outlet for expression and self-discovery and to improve self-esteem and emotional well-being. If you have any of these items to donate, please contact us:
- art supplies and equipment
- studio space
- expertise to share one-on-one with clients to help them create their artwork
- art exhibit and fundraiser planning experience to sit on our planning committee
Our Homeless Youth Outreach program is in need of:
- New socks
- Gloves and Hats
- Chips, Granola bars, Cookies
- Water, Capri Suns, Juice
- Hygiene Items – soap, shampoo, lotion, combs, toothbrush, toothpaste, laundry soap
- Funds to purchase shower vouchers, laundry vouchers, haircut vouchers, bus tokens
If you have any of these items, donations are tax deductable and would be appreciated!
- Sponsor a Homeless Youth - we'll give you the sizes of a homeless youth and you can shop for much needed clothing and shoes for them!
- Like almost any nonprofit organization, Posada is constantly working
to raise the funds needed to continue its work. Most needed are unrestricted
general funds that give Posada's leadership the ability to direct the
funds where they are most needed. Your tax-deductible donation can be
sent to Posada at the address on the left, or click here to donate online
- Planned Giving - you and your family can help support Posada by creating a lasting legacy to help the homeless in Pueblo for years to come. Simply designate Posada as a beneficiary in your IRA or insurance policy or bequest money, assets, or residual from your estate to Posada in your will or trust. For easy instructions on how to do this, click here.
- Posada is well supplied with clothing for its clients and recommends
that clothing donations be made directly to the Salvation
Army or Cooperative Care
We are always looking for Businesses and foundations who want to sponsor a specific event, program or project. Please see our fundraising policies for more information or call Christina Hernandez at 719-545-8776 for more information.
Posada is always looking for donations of
people's time and materials that match Posada's needs. In particular,
skills related to real estate and building construction are welcomed.
Other ways to help include:
- We are in need of plumbing, carpentry, electrical or other maintenance skills to help with up-keep at Posada's facilities.
- We can always use individuals and groups to provide property maintenance: lawncare, cleaning, painting and repairs at our emergency family shelter and low-income housing units. This type of activity is great for high-school students or families - no special skills are necessary, just a willingness to help! If you would be interested in helping out, please contact us.
- This year we will be collecting new toys and school supplies for local children. If you would like to support us by collecting these items throughout the year, we will be distributing toys at the Holiday Blessing Store in mid-December and school supplies in Mid-August. We also need volunteers to sort/pack school supplies during the week of August 9th and help with the Blessing Store in mid-December. If you would be interested in helping out, please contact us.
- We are looking for local artists to help clients one-on-one to develop artwork as an outlet for expression and self-discovery and to improve self-esteem and emotional well-being. If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact us.
- We would like to start a volunteer group that would be available to pick-up, deliver, and organize donations from local businesses on an as-needed basis. If you would be interested in helping out, please contact us.
- Plan an event for children in tough times at our emergency family shelter. Parties, stories, snacks - anything you think that would brighten these kids' day and give them hope for bright futures.
- Help with outreach such as serving a meal at the Soup Kitchen
or at the Salvation Army. Our outreach goal is to find people who don't know about
Posada to come in for services and assist them in becoming self-sufficient.
We also check on the general well-being of people who are already clients
of Posada and make sure that they have everything that they need in
order to survive. Additionally, we hand out hygiene products, shirts,
hats, food, water, resource lists, sleeping bags and bus tokens.
- Be informed about poverty issues and welfare reform, and speak up
with your elected officials when funds and services for the poor are
- Accept affordable housing in your neighborhood and be vocal about
the need for affordable housing in our community.
If you are interested in volunteering, you can fill out this form and e-mail it to us here: e-mail.
Your involvement really helps.
Posada is increasingly involved in construction
of affordable housing, which necessitates increasing involvement in public meetings with local citizens, zoning
board hearings, and political processes. It is really helpful to have
broad-based support in these settings from those who believe that it is
both humane and necessary to provide housing for those who can least afford
If you are willing to provide support in
the form of letters to elected leaders or your presence at meetings,
please drop us a note HERE and let us know.
Posada would like to thank its generous supporters for their help during this critical time. Please visit our SUPPORTERS page for our donors and volunteers.